Bob's TDM
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Change rules regarding zombie raids

+3
TheAngrySniper
ThreeDawg
The Real Johnny
7 posters

Go down

Change rules regarding zombie raids Empty Change rules regarding zombie raids

Post  The Real Johnny September 14th 2013, 10:05 pm

Right now raids seem to be an excuse for mass RDM.

Right now the rules are; if people who are basing have something, or someone you want to take or destroy, you can do so any means necessary, including fatmans, BFG's, RPG's and so on. As long as they are basing and they have a guard.

One or two waves? Thats fine, but when you come back wave after wave until everything is dead, that's impossible to stop, with the only classes that can do something about this being the Titan, the guard and the zombie hunter. Meanwhile you have every type of Zombie trying to get into a hospital, it just seems like a downright dick move.

Criminals take advantage of this too, always teaming up with zombies to steal and destroy printers, and cops don't seem to care, as long as nexus is safe.

So perhaps change the rules stating:
-Use /advert to start a raid
-Once you die two to three times during the raid, stop attacking
-Wait a bit before initiating the raid again.

It hurts when you a lone banker, and a guard have to go up against a Berzerker that rallied a bunch of players to switch to zombie (I'm looking at you Tartle)

If you don't want to change it, fine by me, I just won't setup a shop again, but I do hope you take this into consideration
The Real Johnny
The Real Johnny

http://myanimelist.net/animelist/The_Wulf

Back to top Go down

Change rules regarding zombie raids Empty Re: Change rules regarding zombie raids

Post  ThreeDawg October 14th 2013, 7:14 pm

Make a suitable defence. Best location in my book would be the Apartments. Long hallway, narrow, becomes a killing field if set up correctly.

( And hire an extra guard, or a Titan,)
ThreeDawg
ThreeDawg

Back to top Go down

Change rules regarding zombie raids Empty Re: Change rules regarding zombie raids

Post  TheAngrySniper October 15th 2013, 12:15 am

I know it's a bit of a piss-off, it happens regularly.

I've made a solution to make anti-zombie defences now, just secure the prop in with other props so when it's unfrozen after being mauled it stays in place.
TheAngrySniper
TheAngrySniper

Back to top Go down

Post  The Real Johnny October 15th 2013, 2:58 am

Yeah i dont see it happen too much now, but you guys should have seen the raids some zombies pulled off, I started feeling sad for the kids, (Yeah they were kids) who got raided, fatmaned, wave after wave, I couldn't convince them to stop, but looking at it, that was NOT fun at all.
The Real Johnny
The Real Johnny

Back to top Go down

Post  ThreeDawg October 15th 2013, 4:09 am

The Real Johnny wrote:Yeah i dont see it happen too much now, but you guys should have seen the raids some zombies pulled off, I started feeling sad for the kids, (Yeah they were kids) who got raided, fatmaned, wave after wave, I couldn't convince them to stop, but looking at it, that was NOT fun at all.
I've had that happen before.

I was a cop on my own, hiding within the Souvenir shop.

It took 7-8 waves of Fast Zombies, A Berzerker, and a poison headcrab, and a dash of Slow Zombies, to break through.

( I just had fun constantly cutting them down. Half-Killer for the Berzerker, with a dash of Glock, M298B [ Or whatever it is ] for the rest. Made short work of them. )

I don't see the problem here.
ThreeDawg
ThreeDawg

Back to top Go down

Post  ThreeDawg October 15th 2013, 4:11 am

TheAngrySniper wrote:I know it's a bit of a piss-off, it happens regularly.

I've made a solution to make anti-zombie defences now, just secure the prop in with other props so when it's unfrozen after being mauled it stays in place.
The issue with that, is that your fort must still be raidable. Unless those props are fading doors, it ain't allowed in the rules.

Keypads also.

And only one fading door per room.

Wait

Props behind props....

More than one fading door....

Huh......
ThreeDawg
ThreeDawg

Back to top Go down

Post  dexon October 15th 2013, 6:34 am

Fadding doors are a real problem here. There's many abuse of it on the server.
No idea how to fix it up... Maybe writing the rule bigger ?

Anyways, zombies can't raid. Even Crims, they can steal your stuff but can't hurt Civs... So, I don't know what to say.
Next time it happen, directly call an admin. Please, type a good description of what its happening cause we got like 30k admin call for rdm a day...
dexon
dexon
Admin

http://dexontech.net

Back to top Go down

Post  Ablationer October 15th 2013, 12:25 pm

Zombies can't raid shit.

If anyone sees ONE zombies banging on a door for no reason (ie they're not getting shot from that place) then just insta-kick them, simple as that.
Ablationer
Ablationer
AKA Bob Frenchman

https://bobszrp.forumactif.com

Back to top Go down

Post  TheAngrySniper October 15th 2013, 12:55 pm

ThreeDawg wrote:
TheAngrySniper wrote:I know it's a bit of a piss-off, it happens regularly.

The issue with that, is that your fort must still be raidable. Unless those props are fading doors, it ain't allowed in the rules.

Keypads also.

And only one fading door per room.

Wait

Props behind props....

More than one fading door....

Huh......
I never said they were not fading doors, and the door in question would be faded. The key concept is that breaking the first prop would cause it to lock in place by the other props, which after the door is faded they can still pass through. I never said I used more than one fading door per room.
TheAngrySniper
TheAngrySniper

Back to top Go down

Post  ThreeDawg October 15th 2013, 3:21 pm

Ablationer wrote:Zombies can't raid shit.

If anyone sees ONE zombies banging on a door for no reason (ie they're not getting shot from that place) then just insta-kick them, simple as that.
So then, let's say for instance the place the zombie is going after is a Police Stronghold, or a Crim Stronghold, AKA: The only residents are Crims or Cops.

Still not able to raid?
ThreeDawg
ThreeDawg

Back to top Go down

Post  Ablationer October 15th 2013, 4:22 pm

well yeah if its crims or cops

i meant for civies
Ablationer
Ablationer
AKA Bob Frenchman

https://bobszrp.forumactif.com

Back to top Go down

Post  The Real Johnny October 15th 2013, 11:37 pm

Okay thanks for clearing things up, was a little confused previously, but it's all good now, thanks guys ^-^
The Real Johnny
The Real Johnny

Back to top Go down

Post  Grampa October 16th 2013, 3:09 pm

Ablationer wrote:Zombies can't raid shit.

the prophet has spoken.
i agree.
Grampa
Grampa

Back to top Go down

Post  blazing banana October 16th 2013, 3:44 pm

JUST KILL THEM ALL Twisted Evil 
blazing banana
blazing banana
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down