Bob's TDM
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Staff pre-requirements Criteria

3 posters

Go down

Staff pre-requirements Criteria Empty Staff pre-requirements Criteria

Post  Pyron May 16th 2014, 12:41 pm

Hey, Pyron here, just gonna show you guys my idea for the criteria for staff and ramifications.

Greeter: May not be an official staff member, but it's a stepping stone.
Hours: 50-75 total
Qualification: Must know all the mechanics, a mic(reccomended), rules, guncrafting, and do their job. They must present newcomers with a general overview of the server and hold their position in good standing.
Tier of notability: It is not something needing all staff attention and is purely of the good judgement and survey of the SA promoting said candidate. Doesn't really have much of a say, kinda like those greeters at WAL-MART but may have good ideas and should be heard because they're a player.
Obligation: Greet,greet,greet, can't stress it enough and do the job right, make sure you explain even the skills controls and inventory mechanics. Can't say how many 50 hour players were on and didn't even know how to use gem market.

Operator: We all know operators and they're here to do the dirty work of rule enforcement, routinely minor offenses and beyond.
Hours: 200+ total
Qualification: Must have been a goodstanding greeter for at least 50-100 hours, Know all the rules crisp and fresh, must be surveyed by respected, other admins, or SA. Must be tested and given various scenarios to test their apptitude in the law of the server.
Must have at least a good reputation with the populace and must be reccomended by at least 3 staff or respected personnel. Bonus if the users really adore them.
Tier of notability: Should be known to admins, other operators and maybe another SA before promotion. Has a voice and good say, should be heard if they have something to say upon a promotion decision.
Obligation: Uphold the law, respond to the slightest peep of a call for admin, respond with initiative and NOT act on impulse right away. Hear both sides of every tale, regardelss of who was the plaintiff and defendant. Any abuse in any form results in immediate demotion whether it be minor or major because we're looking for refined and efficient members. Feel free to have fun but don't screw around so much you're oblivious to the guy getting rdmed. Also if you want bonus credit, greet a newcomer if no greeters are doing anything rather than say "greeter to..." and show that initiative, maybe in the long run you'll get admin.
Admin: That reach for a higher power that has alot of responsibility.
Hours: 500-750 total
Qualification: Must have been an outstanding operator in their time, held operator for 300+ hours total and no reports of any offense at all. Must be willing to respond to anything above and beyond the call of admin. Have at least 5 reccomendations by staff such as respecteds, admins, or SA
Tier of notability: All staff should be aware so full input is allocated so all voices are heard and can view all sayings by everyone to make sure we have a solid candidate. The SA must tell Bob of the promotion and await his acknowledgement. Also this rank has a large say and should be heard well.
Obligation: Same as operator with more gravy. You got alot of power in your hands, don't even think of "just seeing what things can do" on an unwilling person. You must deal with the major offenders such as the hackers, and repeated offenders to make sure things are safe for all. Survey the staff even the operators and make sure they are in line. Give routine drills to see if they're on their toes and survey greeters. Pick out anyone who shines that seems promising to fit the bill for future promotion and note all offenses a staff person makes or individual. Evidence is crucial in proving whether we have a corrupt staff or jackass player. Use your judgement, enforce with an iron fist but be fair. Have fun but be alert. Greet a newcomer if no one else is helping and be good hearted. Any time you commit a minor offense you will be demoted to operator or less, no tolerance you will be warned as soon as you're promoted, sternly. Major-moderate offenses should result in demotion to user. No, not respected you shouldn't be respected for abusing or being a shithead that deafeats the purpose of respected. Servere offenses result in a long term to perma ban, no acceptions, you've been on long enough to know the rules like the back of your hand. Also should know all the loopholes and nooks n crannies of all rules.
Super Admin: Not my call, only Bob's I reccomend the candidate must at least be 850-1000 hours or more with even higher standars than admin.
Respected: Not really staff but like a retirement for former staff and any user who really stands out to be liked by everyone and not be a staff.
Qualification: Up to an SA and when a staff member that is a good standing operator+ to wish to retire. The player should at least have been a staff for over a month.
Obligation: Entirely optional if the player wants to chip in and help here and there or be independent.
Tier of notability: Should be well known about and respected should have a valuable say in all promotion/major server decisions
Extra: This class should not be a rank for those who abuse I cannot stress that enough it defeats the purpose of this rank.

I would appreciate all feedback in utmost opinion, honesty, and how this is percieved. Keep it formal, I may patch this with more in the future, Thanks -Pyron
Pyron
Pyron

Back to top Go down

Staff pre-requirements Criteria Empty Re: Staff pre-requirements Criteria

Post  RoboReptile May 16th 2014, 8:06 pm

This is perfect Pyron, almost made me cry  Sad

I can't stress enough on how many staff members pick people up and toss them around when they do something bad or nothing at all.
RoboReptile
RoboReptile

Back to top Go down

Post  Walkthroughmaster33 May 17th 2014, 8:52 am

Well first off my OCD is kicking in can you please add spaces in between ranks
ok now that's out of the way.

I think this is a great setup requirements, seem high for something like admin but so they should be, the leap form operator to admin is the biggest of all and should only be made by those who are ready. As for the rest it all seems responsible.
Walkthroughmaster33
Walkthroughmaster33

Back to top Go down

Post  RoboReptile May 17th 2014, 12:08 pm

Walk, everything required to be an Administrator, is what I had to do (maybe not the hours, it was before the hours were recorded) back when I was going up the ranks. I would prefer (and probably many others) that Admin should be earned through very much hard work and not just handed out like a treat for Halloween.
RoboReptile
RoboReptile

Back to top Go down

Post  Walkthroughmaster33 May 17th 2014, 3:29 pm

RoboReptile wrote:Walk, everything required to be an Administrator, is what I had to do (maybe not the hours, it was before the hours were recorded) back when I was going up the ranks. I would prefer (and probably many others) that Admin should be earned through very much hard work and not just handed out like a treat for Halloween.
Damit robo what i mean is that to become an admin it seems hard but it should be so as its the biggest leap.
Walkthroughmaster33
Walkthroughmaster33

Back to top Go down

Post  Pyron May 22nd 2014, 12:28 pm

In addition to any promotions, all staff/semistaff rights and allowances will be read to them and they must agree(like an oath). Any breach of this vow results in an immediate demotion. This includes the times to use teleport, noclip, punishment enforcement, and when it is necessary to physgun someone. The Nooks and crannies must be established as recently i've heard reports of physgun, and no clip abuse.
Pyron
Pyron

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down