Bob's TDM
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Old days

+2
PXGSR22
Casdin
6 posters

Go down

Old days Empty Old days

Post  Casdin August 8th 2013, 9:35 pm

Okay well, basically this suggestion is about reverting parts of the server back to how it was..Now I'm going against you Bob, I appreciate all your hard work in making your server the most unique server out there and it really is, but so far everything's been really repetitive when some of the new things were added
Examples being: The Transits, Pet bird and head crab, Removing the PD Doors

Transits:
I have an idea why Bob put these in there, to give an objective base for the factions and put donator weapons for who owns the transit to motivate them to get it, but from what I've been viewing the team who owns all the points, the opposing force pretty much leaves. Capturing them is a hassle for the Police is a pain from what I've been viewing but the moment they cap the Cop Spawn Criminal overwhelm them and recap and get another donator weapon. Point of what I'm making is it's not fun for the losing team when they get overwhelmed and the Opposing team and spawn right next to losing team.

Pets:
I've been called to so many RDM cries when someone shoots these by accident or the players playing as these are getting in the way on purpose or annoying the other players and have to get an admin to make them leave. There's not a lot for me to say against these but its just a matter of what's the point of these if the prime theme is War and instead of users playing as the Factions there is like 10 people being pets.

PD Doors:
I know why Bob removed these, so the Cops "Wont camp like a bunch of pussies" As much as I agree with this, having the PD Protected since the Crims always dominate the Outside area gave the Cops a defense. As stupid as Police were in camping it was always fun for both sides when it came to raiding the PD, but now since there is no doors Criminals just walk right in and I have to tell Police NOT to place fading doors in the exposed access points.

Casdin
Casdin

Back to top Go down

Old days Empty Re: Old days

Post  PXGSR22 August 8th 2013, 9:51 pm

+ Support I think this is a good idea because the server is getting repetitive . I love the server and all but I think it would be more fun if it changed.

PXGSR22

Back to top Go down

Post  Ablationer August 8th 2013, 11:02 pm

We're just moving issues here. It's just a matter of what issue you want over another.

No transits? Then the cops and crims have nothing to do but kill each other on sight all the time and not having to do anything else really. If THAT's not repetitive, I don't know what is. I actually had way more complaints of "server is repetitive" before I added transits. Transits are there to give them an objective, a reason to move out, something to do other than just killing. Some classes are even better at capping points than killing, like mayor and mobboss.

Pets are there because a lot of people have complained that there are only combat jobs, when sometimes they just want to relax and chill around. So far the bird and headcrab have been met with a lot of positive feedback especially from the new players. "A DarkRP where you can be a bird? Wow! Awesome!" is something I've seen being said often.

Cop doors caused the biggest fucking whinning of all times, what with the whole KEEP THE DOORS CLOSED!!OMG!!!111
I removed them because, well, criminals don't have any doors, so what the big flying fuck? Not having doors for either side just seems fair to me. Now it's like Red vs Blue, not one team always attacking and one team always defending.

And saying that criminals always have the upper hand is false. It's pretty even. However it seems a lot of kids and newbs tend to go cop right away because generally cops are stronger in DarkRP servers than criminals, but outnumbered. So that's a reflex a lot of noobs have, which means a lot of cops are noobs, which means they get pwned. But when players are exactly of equal strength (which rarely happens), crims don't dominate over cops nor the other way around.

I understand all this creates new issues, and hell maybe I'll remove the whole donator gun on capping thing, but honestly. no matter what we do, there's ALWAYS gonna be issues with it. That's just how it goes. You can't please everyone.
Ablationer
Ablationer
AKA Bob Frenchman

https://bobszrp.forumactif.com

Back to top Go down

Old days Empty KEEP THE DOORS CLOSED!!OMG!!!111

Post  Mark9013100 August 9th 2013, 3:50 pm

Ablationer wrote:We're just moving issues here. It's just a matter of what issue you want over another.

Cop doors caused the biggest fucking whinning of all times, what with the whole KEEP THE DOORS CLOSED!!OMG!!!111
I removed them because, well, criminals don't have any doors, so what the big flying fuck? Not having doors for either side just seems fair to me. Now it's like Red vs Blue, not one team always attacking and one team always defending.

Old days Facepalm-over-animal-ags-stupidity
Mark9013100
Mark9013100

Back to top Go down

Post  Ablationer August 9th 2013, 5:03 pm

If you've got something to say, say it.

Teams are supposed to be equal, both in offense and defense. Not one always attacking and the other always defending. Is that what makes you facepalm? Please elaborate.
Ablationer
Ablationer
AKA Bob Frenchman

Back to top Go down

Post  Mark9013100 August 9th 2013, 6:07 pm

Ablationer wrote:If you've got something to say, say it.

Teams are supposed to be equal, both in offense and defense. Not one always attacking and the other always defending. Is that what makes you facepalm? Please elaborate.
The removal of the doors does lower my blood pressure a bit, but it's a nightmare if crims zerg rush the Nexus and killing cops who are trying to get out.
Mark9013100
Mark9013100

Back to top Go down

Post  Ablationer August 9th 2013, 6:57 pm

That's very unlikely to happen unless cops are freaking idiots.

There's 4 possible exits out of the PD, as well as 4 different spawn areas for each team.

Even if crims were camping each exit or each spawn area, you still start with 7 full seconds of godmode, which is (I know, I calculated it) enough to exit the PD no matter where you spawn.

And even then, that's ONLY if the crims have all the transit points. Otherwise cops can just spawn outside the PD as well.
Ablationer
Ablationer
AKA Bob Frenchman

Back to top Go down

Post  Tommy Thomas August 9th 2013, 7:48 pm

I am relatively new to the server, and I have only played on this server with these features. I have also played most of the job's that I can.
So I think I currently add the newbie perspective.

I have not noticed or had any problems with the removed PD doors.

I Think that the pet's are great.
But the point about them getting in the way on purpose or being annoying to other players still stands for me.

I believe that the transits are a fun addition to the server. and that they are placed fairly.
I would have probably left a while ago if they weren't there.

I do see the criminals overpowering the cops more often than the cops over the criminals.
My personal opinion of this is that this is because the cops have a place to base, while the criminals don't. Criminals spawn ready to go, and leave their spawn area immediately. But cops often linger in the transit because they have this large building to walk around, and sometimes (not often) basing and not going after points or criminals.
Tommy Thomas
Tommy Thomas

Back to top Go down

Post  RoboReptile August 15th 2013, 12:00 pm

I don't exactly like the donator guns thing...If the whole team has a donator gun (and most of the donator guns are really good) then the other team is useless..Sometimes even with bought guns.

Also, i've seen criminals outnumbering cops or cops outnumbering criminals some point almost every day. And I don't see anyone bothering to switch over or go from neutral to the team not outnumbered though no one can join the numbered team to "Unbalance". So what if every....Oh I dunno...5 minutes it will automatically balance the teams? So its always even (Unless odd number of people).
RoboReptile
RoboReptile

Back to top Go down

Post  Ablationer August 15th 2013, 8:45 pm

Yeah I'll probably change the donator gun thing for something else.

But at the same time it's a good way to make people more likely to donate if they get a taste of the donator guns
<_<
>_>
I need money ok

also for the auto-balance I was planning on doing something like that with the already established team-joining block system thing but I wasn't sure how to present it exactly. Like maybe it only changes you once you die? or something, I dunno
Ablationer
Ablationer
AKA Bob Frenchman

Back to top Go down

Post  RoboReptile August 16th 2013, 1:06 am

Yeah, I understand note why you have the donator feature to the transits, and you show off the donator guns to people occasionally.
As for the auto balance, I suggest you have it either refresh every few minutes because gsr doesn't die XD or just on death...up to you.
RoboReptile
RoboReptile

Back to top Go down

Post  Ablationer August 16th 2013, 12:55 pm

The thing is I don't want people to die as a result of the team-change.
Ablationer
Ablationer
AKA Bob Frenchman

Back to top Go down

Post  Mark9013100 August 16th 2013, 3:40 pm

Ablationer wrote:The thing is I don't want people to die as a result of the team-change.
That would be some retarded shit.
Mark9013100
Mark9013100

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down