Bob's TDM
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

What an Application should looks like

Go down

What an Application should looks like Empty What an Application should looks like

Post  dexon March 16th 2013, 4:17 pm

Hi everyone! I’m here today to show you how a “normal” application should looks like. I don’t mean that your current application isn’t good. But the fact is that many of them are … shorts. Maybe too shorts.

Alright, so first of all, applications have to contain much information about you. By example: your name, your age, what you like to do in real life, stuff like that. Talk to us about you. Just imagine that we don’t know you and that we want to know you more.

Also, you have to talk about your last experiences as admin, moderator, or maybe Owner of any other server. (Not only on gmod of course) Tell us how you’ve been accepted; was it due to an application? The Owner was your brother? You paid for the admin rank? Tell us everything! Very Happy

After this, tell us why you should be admin? Why you should more than another guy? This is probably the most important part of an application… You can also include what you will do for this community and what you did. Stuff like that.

After all these part, you can start you own message. Talking about what you want and try to make you more important than these all other guys that are applying too. If you do not stand out, you will not be chosen.

There I’ll show you a little example of what an application should looks like:

Hey everyone, my name is Dexon on the Internet but Olivier in real life, I live near Montreal at Joliette. I’m 18 years old and I would like to present you my application to the rank of Admin. While my first join on this server, I’ve been in love with this server. Perhaps my English isn’t that good but I’m a French Canadian hehe! I’ve played a lot of time on the server (120 Hours). Some of you will probably call the nolife guy, well, I currently have a life. I have many friends with which we do idiots things, many party, go to Montreal to meet girls Wink I’m on my pc only when I have nothing to do or when I have to do my job. I am Webmaster that’s mean I’m making websites for some customers for money. I have now 9 years of experience in HTML language coding and 8 years of experience in PHP/MySQL coding. I’ve get many customers, as far as I can remember, I had fifty customers maybe more. I have also 3 years of knowledge in LUA coding. I principally codded on Clockwork’s schemas, cinema, underdone, and other gamemodes that I don’t remember the name.

Well, now you know much thing about me Wink Let’s talk about my precedent experience. I’ve already started so many communities in my life that I will not be able to mention them all to you. So let talk about mines very well worked. First of all, my Minecraft community; MinePast. I got near 180 active members on this server I made with a friend. With this community, I learned Java very well. (But I still hate this loud style of coding) I had to close it cause of some hackers that made many member rage quitting my server cause I didn’t act faster. With this, I learned to act fast as admin.

Another good community that I made was Tegilock Effect. A Garry’smod server running OpenAura: HL2RP (bought for 200$) I well worked for 2 or 3 month maybe. I had a big problem with my lua developer, stealing money from donations and taking my bought openaura serial for making his own server for free after this. Mr.Otter and Carlou (knew as Pascal at this time) gave me 50 $ each to help the community. We got near 200 members if my I can remember well. But it closed. This helped me to know LUA very well while the server were running but also after cause I never wanted another LUA coder for my own community. (afraid that he steal me)

I had also another community for the game MapleStory. Well, it been online only for 1 week but we got 150 active members Very Happy

I made many other servers but I don’t remember their entire names. But these 3 was the 3 community that worked.

Alright so, now you know me well. I think… so why I want to be admin? Alright so first I like to help communities to grow up. I already made this MOTD in html currently hosted on my own website (and the base script of the MOTD button). Generally I would like to ask payments. But this server is already really “big” if I can say. Only the fact to me to say: Hey, I made this, this and this for this server. It’s my payment. I mean, it’s obvious that this server isn’t going to fail. It’s the most interesting, strong, nice, epic DarkRP I’ve ever see in my life. Why I should be chosen more than another guy? Cause I got more administration experience. Cause I know LUA, HTML, PHP/MySQL, javaScripts. And I’m not asking money to scripts thing for this server or to help. Because I love help people and having fun with people. Cause I am mature and serious. Because I obey the rules Very Happy You will probably said: Hey, apply Moderator first! Well, I am currently in “the french team” which looks really like the moderator rank. And I think that currently I am making a good job. So I ask directly for the Admin rank.

That was, I think all what I wanted to tell you. If you have any questions, feel free to ask. Thank you to have read this application and I wish you good day!

There end the demo application Wink

As you can see, it contains information about me, my knowledge, administration experience, explanation of why I should be admin. This would be a great application BUT it’s not the longer application that I can make. I just wrote it fast and making sure it’s not too long for you guys that probably never make application. But, I’ll never say it too much: More longer is an application and better it is.

Thank to have read and have a good day ! Very Happy

(Sorry for all mistake I made. English isn't my first language.)

What an Application should looks like Dexon What an Application should looks like 76561198062037272What an Application should looks like AddFriend
dexon
dexon
Admin

http://dexontech.net

Back to top Go down