Bob's TDM
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Bipod

4 posters

Go down

Bipod Empty Bipod

Post  TheJackamj June 24th 2014, 4:25 am

So like in the 2.0 there's a bipod perk but what about an actually bipod for MG's. Kinda like day of defeat where you have to crouch behind sandbags and shit. It could improve accuracy extremely and is only on MG's?
TheJackamj
TheJackamj

Back to top Go down

Bipod Empty Re: Bipod

Post  Ablationer June 24th 2014, 8:03 am

what
Ablationer
Ablationer
AKA Bob Frenchman

https://bobszrp.forumactif.com

Back to top Go down

Post  Billy_ June 26th 2014, 12:16 am

Ablationer wrote:what
Bipod Products5389-1200x800-107364
That's a bipod.

[I removed this because I am an idiot.]

If this were to be added for MGs I think it should reduce recoil, not increase the overall accuracy. The bullet spread and shit should stay the same.

I'm going to stay netural for now, I don't see any real need for this. (If anyone could point one out to me, I might change my verdict.)

Last edited by Billy_ on June 26th 2014, 10:53 am; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : Fuck me)

Billy_

http://Burnie.com

Back to top Go down

Post  TheJackamj June 26th 2014, 12:22 am

Billy I'm gonna pretend like you didn't just grammar nazi me
TheJackamj
TheJackamj

Back to top Go down

Post  Ablationer June 26th 2014, 3:08 am

i know what a bipod is
Ablationer
Ablationer
AKA Bob Frenchman

https://bobszrp.forumactif.com

Back to top Go down

Post  TheAngrySniper June 26th 2014, 10:43 am

Billy_ wrote:
whereas tripods are usually used for MGs.

Tripods are hardly every used for Machine Guns in these sort of scenarios, if they are it would be in a platoon support role of roughly 30 troops to provide sustained, accurate fire at long ranges. I've been trained to utilize the M240/C6/FN-MAG in the 'heavy' role with a tripod and the effective range in use with said tripod is up to 2.5km if used with proper equipment.

Check out any sort of Light or General Purpose machine gun used today, all have bi pods as it's the most practical solution to today's combat scenarios, nobody has time to set up a tripod that takes over 30 seconds to set up, then over 10 seconds to simply aim/lay at a target properly.

MG tripods are nothing like games, they need elevation and windage drums leveled and the guns moving mechanism to be locked out, it would be entirely un-practical for the usage of tripods in this sense.
TheAngrySniper
TheAngrySniper

Back to top Go down

Post  Billy_ June 26th 2014, 10:52 am

TheAngrySniper wrote:
Billy_ wrote:
whereas tripods are usually used for MGs.

Tripods are hardly every used for Machine Guns in these sort of scenarios, if they are it would be in a platoon support role of roughly 30 troops to provide sustained, accurate fire at long ranges. I've been trained to utilize the M240/C6/FN-MAG in the 'heavy' role with a tripod and the effective range in use with said tripod is up to 2.5km if used with proper equipment.

Check out any sort of Light or General Purpose machine gun used today, all have bi pods as it's the most practical solution to today's combat scenarios, nobody has time to set up a tripod that takes over 30 seconds to set up, then over 10 seconds to simply aim/lay at a target properly.

MG tripods are nothing like games, they need elevation and windage drums leveled and the guns moving mechanism to be locked out, it would be entirely un-practical for the usage of tripods in this sense.

*cough* I was just talking out of my ass anyway, I had no idea it was that complicated, thanks for clearing that one up.

Last edited by Billy_ on June 26th 2014, 11:05 am; edited 1 time in total

Billy_

Back to top Go down

Post  Billy_ June 26th 2014, 10:54 am

TheJackamj wrote:Billy I'm gonna pretend like you didn't just grammar nazi me

Nah, I was completely wrong about it anyway. I was going off of video game knowledge. (I'm an idiot.)

Billy_

Back to top Go down

Post  TheJackamj June 26th 2014, 3:15 pm

Lol that's okay Billy
TheJackamj
TheJackamj

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content