Bob's TDM
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Replacement of Guardian

4 posters

Go down

Replacement of Guardian Empty Replacement of Guardian

Post  TheJackamj December 26th 2013, 3:20 am

I always notice that when one team is losing their is never someone to become Guardian to help out. If there were 2 guardian classes set for both teams and only one could be used at a time and accessed by regular players, then it would make the domination of one team against another counteract. I was thinking like some sort of a Liberty Prime kind of look for cop and possibly Gort (from The Day the Earth Stood Still) for criminal... I'm only suggesting this because I'm tired of one team always dominating the other, if this suggestion doesn't get through then I hope it atleast gives you an idea.
TheJackamj
TheJackamj

Back to top Go down

Replacement of Guardian Empty Re: Replacement of Guardian

Post  TheAngrySniper December 26th 2013, 10:21 am

Ehhhh, I like where you're going with it but there can be a lot simpler of a fix.

The Guardian as it stands must have 20,000 BP to use, it could be pushed to 15-18k but for the sake of this example I'll leave it for now.

There is an indicator for when a team needs help, players should be able to activate the guardian themselves and become it instead of an admin, possibly after an intense base-rape by the enemy team. Following this, the player may play as the guardian until:

1. He dies.
  2. His team captures the city.
  3. He is just camping and not helping his team.

Honestly, the guardian are not all that powerful as people make them up to be, you still need to be quick and smart if you want to live, they only have 1000 HP and a Marine with M4 + Quad damage could take him out easily.
TheAngrySniper
TheAngrySniper

Back to top Go down

Post  Ablationer December 26th 2013, 11:39 am

The problem with the guardian is that I've never gotten around to making it work on its own, you always need an admin to set someone as that job.

Other than that, there's already the indicator for who needs it, the fact that it automatically picks the side that needs it, and the fact that it applies team related damage detection based on the right teams.

However, the only thing left is deciding when and how to activate it. Which I'm still not sure of. At first I wanted to make some kind of auction where whoever bids the most gems would win but ehhh, I dunno.
Ablationer
Ablationer
AKA Bob Frenchman

https://bobszrp.forumactif.com

Back to top Go down

Replacement of Guardian Empty Re:Replacement of Guardian

Post  TheJackamj December 26th 2013, 2:50 pm

All I'm saying is it would make more sense if it could be activated by a regular user but definitely lower the BP. If it would be one guardian per team it would make more sense because it adds to the sense that the cops or criminals have a back up plan. And Bob, it would be activated simply when one team dominates the other lol.
TheJackamj
TheJackamj

Back to top Go down

Post  Ablationer December 26th 2013, 7:54 pm

That's what I'm saying Jackam, you're missing the point
Ablationer
Ablationer
AKA Bob Frenchman

https://bobszrp.forumactif.com

Back to top Go down

Post  TheJackamj December 26th 2013, 8:37 pm

OHH I got you, alright well how about when say the cops are dominating the crim then a message would appear to become the guardian for crim and the first to become guardian gets it...?
TheJackamj
TheJackamj

Back to top Go down

Post  Mango May 22nd 2014, 2:13 pm

Instead of making an admin set you as it, you could give a person a certain rank that allows you to go it, such as an admin going Mr. Bones or Renamon. Whoever bids the most gems can win the job Guardian, but will cost 100 bp and have a 5 bp drain. If the person who wins it is staff, you could just allow that rank to inherit from their rank so basically nothing changes.
Mango
Mango

http://analoggaming.enjin.com

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum