Bob's TDM
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Regarding Heavy-armor classes and the shield rifle

4 posters

Go down

Regarding Heavy-armor classes and the shield rifle Empty Regarding Heavy-armor classes and the shield rifle

Post  BFG October 20th 2013, 2:20 am

Basically:
Prohibit the usage of the shield rifle on heavy classes (or at least nerf it)
It's extremely unfair because only knives and explosives can penetrate the shield, and there's two issues with that.
1. Standard explosives can't shoot fast enough or do enough damage to really do anything significant unless you somehow get your entire team of demolition-classes to fire on them at once
2. Knife does 0 damage to heavily armored people with a shield

In other words, in pretty much any typical situation, a heavy class like say, the Big Cheese with a shield is basically invincible (especially if they activate their ability).

BFG

Back to top Go down

Regarding Heavy-armor classes and the shield rifle Empty Re: Regarding Heavy-armor classes and the shield rifle

Post  The Real Johnny October 20th 2013, 2:40 am

The gun is weak af, and if they shoot the sheild goes down

Use yama's to take the person down
The Real Johnny
The Real Johnny

http://myanimelist.net/animelist/The_Wulf

Back to top Go down

Regarding Heavy-armor classes and the shield rifle Empty Re: Regarding Heavy-armor classes and the shield rifle

Post  Ablationer October 20th 2013, 2:58 am

It's a pretty fun mix to use and yes it'll tank a lot of shit.

But it's really not that hard to take down if you use your brain and plan your attack for about 30 seconds.

First of all, for this technique to work, you need 2 things: Shield gun, and Bullet Mirror accessory. What does that tell us? Well, that the guy has nothing ELSE that they can use, or at least not without stripping away at those things.

Now here's the thing: Bullet mirror only reflects REAL bullets, as in, normal bullets. It's ineffective against lasers, energy weapons, explosives, acid damage, and knives.

As for the shield, its ammo goes down as the person takes damage, even if you see 0 damage, it actually cuts his ammo down depending how much damage was dealt.

In short, the best way to take down someone with that combo is to use a long-range energy weapon, or explosives. Something like the Phaser or the Harpoon works like a charm in those situations. But any other type of weapon with a high damage output that doesn't use normal bullets works well too.
Ablationer
Ablationer
AKA Bob Frenchman

https://bobszrp.forumactif.com

Back to top Go down

Post  BFG October 20th 2013, 4:31 am

Ablationer wrote:It's a pretty fun mix to use and yes it'll tank a lot of shit.

But it's really not that hard to take down if you use your brain and plan your attack for about 30 seconds.

First of all, for this technique to work, you need 2 things: Shield gun, and Bullet Mirror accessory. What does that tell us? Well, that the guy has nothing ELSE that they can use, or at least not without stripping away at those things.

Now here's the thing: Bullet mirror only reflects REAL bullets, as in, normal bullets. It's ineffective against lasers, energy weapons, explosives, acid damage, and knives.

As for the shield, its ammo goes down as the person takes damage, even if you see 0 damage, it actually cuts his ammo down depending how much damage was dealt.

In short, the best way to take down someone with that combo is to use a long-range energy weapon, or explosives. Something like the Phaser or the Harpoon works like a charm in those situations. But any other type of weapon with a high damage output that doesn't use normal bullets works well too.
Wait really? I was under the impression that it just sends damage to whatever player damages it and makes exceptions for certain weapon classes and explosion damage (namely the knife) and that the "bullet mirror" was actually part of the shield....
well that's certainly good to know.

The thing is you'd have squads of 5 or 6 people going at this one guy in particular, and none would come back alive. And he would only have another teammate or two with him. I guess they probably just panicked and spammed bullet weapons at him Mad

BFG

Back to top Go down

Post  dexon October 20th 2013, 4:54 am

Actually, when im using my stuff with big cheese or armored unit, I actually shit my pants lot of time cuz im about to die but you guys are afraid to shot me so i stay alive.
so... lol bounce 
dexon
dexon
Admin

http://dexontech.net

Back to top Go down

Post  Ablationer October 20th 2013, 5:19 am

Half-Killer and Black Widow are also very good against Big Cheeses and Armored Units, and both also manage to bypass the bullet mirror
Ablationer
Ablationer
AKA Bob Frenchman

Back to top Go down

Post  BFG October 20th 2013, 1:15 pm

Ablationer wrote:Half-Killer and Black Widow are also very good against Big Cheeses and Armored Units, and both also manage to bypass the bullet mirror
What does the Black Widow do? I haven't seen or used it yet so I'm not certain

BFG

Back to top Go down

Post  The Real Johnny October 20th 2013, 1:21 pm

The black widow does damage equivalent to 7% of the max HP

And it's badass
The Real Johnny
The Real Johnny

Back to top Go down

Post  BFG October 20th 2013, 1:27 pm

The Real Johnny wrote:The black widow does damage equivalent to 7% of the max HP

And it's badass
Yeah I found it in Bob's All In One list, which I missed before (shouldn't that be stickied?)

also:
BFG 9000 : Style: RPG - Ammo type: Energy
Basic Price: 60'000 $
Desc: Launch a big energy ball that push everything on his way and explode when touching wall.
Hey look there's me Surprised

BFG

Back to top Go down

Post  Ablationer October 20th 2013, 1:47 pm

oh yeah, using the BFG Black to launch them in the air and let the fall damage do all the work for you also works pretty well in that situation
Ablationer
Ablationer
AKA Bob Frenchman

Back to top Go down

Post  The Real Johnny October 20th 2013, 2:46 pm

Ablationer wrote:oh yeah, using the BFG Black to launch them in the air and let the fall damage do all the work for you also works pretty well in that situation
Or the Chinook shotty if they're on the catwalk, and you're in plaza. I saw dexon walking across that thing so many times, 4 Chinook Rubber Shot's from any class is enough to kill him
The Real Johnny
The Real Johnny

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down