Bob's TDM
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

"Racism" with quote marks AKA calling a white person nigger or a straight guy fag, etc.

+7
TheJackamj
TheAngrySniper
ButterDuck
Billy_
Zail
BrotherLemarties
Ablationer
11 posters

Go down

"Racism" with quote marks AKA calling a white person nigger or a straight guy fag, etc. Empty "Racism" with quote marks AKA calling a white person nigger or a straight guy fag, etc.

Post  Ablationer October 12th 2014, 12:49 am

It seems that there's a big split in the server as far as political correctness goes. Some people think no one should ever use words like nigger regardless of context or who it's addressed to. Others believe that it's fine as long as we know it isn't true, and thus has no possible way of being offensive.

Personally I really don't care either way, but I wanna see what you guys have to say. Should we make an official "no racism" rule? By that I mean, we all know it isn't really racism, but rather, that it could be offensive in a similar way, if it was meant as a serious note.
Ablationer
Ablationer
AKA Bob Frenchman

https://bobszrp.forumactif.com

Back to top Go down

"Racism" with quote marks AKA calling a white person nigger or a straight guy fag, etc. Empty No Racism?

Post  BrotherLemarties October 12th 2014, 12:54 am

Haha. Oh my gosh. Look, honestly its really not even that big of deal, they are just usless words that make people laugh. Realistically if you try to ban them, its still gonna happen, and then what? You gonna ban all the veteran players that use all these words? Haha Okay.
BrotherLemarties
BrotherLemarties

Back to top Go down

"Racism" with quote marks AKA calling a white person nigger or a straight guy fag, etc. Empty Re: "Racism" with quote marks AKA calling a white person nigger or a straight guy fag, etc.

Post  Zail October 12th 2014, 12:55 am

no, its going to be alot rougher in the real world, this is just a start and most of the time its a joke and people need to grow up about it. No
Like obviously if someones going ham in chat spamming racial slurs somethings going to be done
Zail
Zail

Back to top Go down

"Racism" with quote marks AKA calling a white person nigger or a straight guy fag, etc. Empty Re: "Racism" with quote marks AKA calling a white person nigger or a straight guy fag, etc.

Post  Billy_ October 12th 2014, 1:19 am

In moderation, it's fine. This is the internet and this kind of racism is bound to happen. People need to put on their big boy pants, and go on with their lives.

Billy_

http://Burnie.com

Back to top Go down

Post  ButterDuck October 12th 2014, 9:18 am

Billy_ wrote:In moderation, it's fine. This is the internet and this kind of racism is bound to happen. People need to put on their big boy pants, and go on with their lives.

But, the big boy pants slip off ;-;
ButterDuck
ButterDuck

Back to top Go down

Post  RoboReptile October 12th 2014, 2:17 pm

I think it's fine ON ONE CONDITION; never to randoms.
:
I think its fine if two friends are talking to each other but who knows if a some random person(s) will tolerate this.

I say yes to friends, but no to randoms.
RoboReptile
RoboReptile

Back to top Go down

Post  Ablationer October 12th 2014, 4:01 pm

because you don't know what's that random person like and if they'll get offended by it or not?
Ablationer
Ablationer
AKA Bob Frenchman

https://bobszrp.forumactif.com

Back to top Go down

Post  RoboReptile October 12th 2014, 7:02 pm

Exactly that.

You don't know the race of that person. It's like going up to a random that's black blindfolded and saying the N word to them. Next thing you know you have teeth missing...Or a life missing.

Randoms especially don't know if you're serious or not because they don't even know you, and then they leave and it puts a nice dent in bad reputation to the server. However, if it's someone you know can be ok with it and handle it, I don't think it's harmful since I have a friend in real life that calls me that and never to anyone he doesn't know well.
RoboReptile
RoboReptile

Back to top Go down

Post  Billy_ October 12th 2014, 7:50 pm

Yeah, you've got a point. My friends and I call each other fags all of the time, it's harmless to us. I never say racial/insulting slurs on the server (to people I don't know), just because it makes me look immature, and gives the server a bad look.

Billy_

Back to top Go down

Post  TheAngrySniper October 12th 2014, 8:00 pm

If people can't take it coming from a computer screen or headset, how can they function in society.

Honestly, I only see the words being used toward others who are friends and the people who get a all uppity about it aren't even the individual it's being directed to.
TheAngrySniper
TheAngrySniper

Back to top Go down

Post  RoboReptile October 12th 2014, 8:43 pm

How hard is it to NOT say the N word? There's plenty of other words that aren't at all racist and that can still be used as a joke.
RoboReptile
RoboReptile

Back to top Go down

Post  TheJackamj October 13th 2014, 10:38 am

I think a lot of the things that used to be found offensive aren't today. This guy at my school started to make fun of my dead grandpa so I called him a fag out of instinct. Turned out he had two dads, people will always find a way to be insulted to make you look bad.
TheJackamj
TheJackamj

Back to top Go down

Post  RoboReptile October 13th 2014, 6:06 pm

His fault he made fun of your dead grandma. I don't care if him or his dad(s) are gay or not, if someone insults me to harm me i'm going to harm back one way or another unless it's on the server because i'm a role model when it comes to the server itself and my behavior.
RoboReptile
RoboReptile

Back to top Go down

Post  Ice Frost October 14th 2014, 4:12 pm

No matter what happens, somebody will find a way to take it too seriously.
Ice Frost
Ice Frost

Back to top Go down

Post  blazing banana October 15th 2014, 12:51 pm

dont care will kinda say what i want if the situation asks for it
blazing banana
blazing banana
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  OwenDaKid October 16th 2014, 3:58 pm

Their is two sides to this argument really. Be professionals or either be casual. Unless you aspect a triple A staff, people won't always act professional, they play for fun.

OwenDaKid

Back to top Go down

Post  Billy_ October 16th 2014, 4:20 pm

OwenDaKid wrote:Their is two sides to this argument really. Be professionals or either be casual. Unless you aspect a triple A staff, people won't always act professional, they play for fun.

It's not even really being professional. It's whether you feel like acting mature or not. I care about not acting like an ignorant kid, so I try to avoid saying this stuff. That said though, everyone is entitled to their own opinions so I don't care either way. It just makes you look bad.

Billy_

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down