Bob's TDM
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Balancing the .50 Half-Killer

2 posters

Go down

Balancing the .50 Half-Killer Empty Balancing the .50 Half-Killer

Post  guinea pigger July 18th 2013, 7:43 pm

Alright, so. On my time in this server, I pretty much overlooked the Half-Killer because I usually just wanted to use the AWP for a powerful one shot. Only recently have I tried out the Half-Killer, and it has been amazing...Too amazing.

I'm saying this mainly because of the type of weapon it is. It's not based off the AWP or Scout model. It's a quick, semiautomatic, rifle. When I used it against Mister Fox (who was an antlion guard), I managed to bring his 800 health to like 40 in a matter of 1.5 seconds. All I had to do was hit him like 3-4 times, which isn't hard due to the large magazine size and fast fire rate.

So I'm coming from a perspective where it has been at my favor, but it seems just too good. I'm not saying you should reduce the special effect it has, but maybe slow the firing rate or switch it to the AWP model so you can't just unload your weapon as fast as you currently can do.

Tweak it or not, thank you for listening.
guinea pigger
guinea pigger

Back to top Go down

Balancing the .50 Half-Killer Empty Re: Balancing the .50 Half-Killer

Post  Ablationer July 18th 2013, 10:33 pm

Well first of all you have to keep in mind that the Antlion Guard WOULD be the class that's the weakest against the half-killer. But that's the point.

The gun is designed to bring down fatasses while working in a team, but it only works under that scenario.

Other than that, it's only good against Big Cheese and Armored Unit. Most under classes have less than 200 HP and as a result it would usually do less than 100 damage.

And keep in mind also, that because it cannot score Headshots, a lot of snipers can easily do as much damage if not more than this one, and with a better accuracy at that.

And finally, unlike all those guns, the Half-killer can't be used as a finisher, which might not seem like a big deal, but it can be a pretty big hassle because it means you can never kill anyone with it, only weaken them, and then you must wait for a teammate to kill them, or switch to a diff gun yourself.

So, yes, it's good. Too good? I don't think so, not for the price it costs, at least.
Ablationer
Ablationer
AKA Bob Frenchman

https://bobszrp.forumactif.com

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum