Bob's TDM
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Removal of Bullet Mirror

2 posters

Go down

Removal of Bullet Mirror Empty Removal of Bullet Mirror

Post  TheAngrySniper May 13th 2014, 8:23 pm

Alright, this is going look like a bitch post but I have a lot of reasons why I think bullet mirror should be removed. Essentially it's a perk that punishes players for playing the game, forcing them to use weapons that are either much harder to kill with (explosives such as the Torgue due to nerfs) or just not shoot an enemy at all because if they do they'll die.

So, here's a short list I complied.

1. Capping a point is near impossible, if the enemy spawns at that point while you're capping there's almost no way you'll be able to cap it, you'll be forced to run and eventually whittle down his health somehow, by that point his spawn cooldown will have eased off and when you do kill him he can spawn near instantly again with full HP + Bullet Mirror.
  2. Light Units have near no chance against armored units or any mid-tier classes. Unless they use a knife, and we all know how that usually turns out.
  3. Players are being punished for actually playing the game. Say you're a yamikaze and you've found a nive little sniping spot to take some shots at the enemy, you line up a shot on an armored unit, click and bam, you've killed yourself instantly due to his bullet mirror.

If not to be removed, at least restrict it so only some other classes can use it. At this point everyone is just using Bullet Mirror/Bloodbound and it's starting to become a battle of who can leech health and regen the fastest.
TheAngrySniper
TheAngrySniper

Back to top Go down

Removal of Bullet Mirror Empty Re: Removal of Bullet Mirror

Post  Ablationer May 13th 2014, 10:04 pm

All elemental weapons and projectile weapons bypass BM.
Including heat-based, corrosive, incendiary, spike shotgun, plasma rifle, and even vaporizer. And it's not true that explosives have been nerfed. They're still pretty damn good.

BM is essential for heavy guys because otherwise they get minced up before they even get a chance to fight back (See OP AWPs and scouts) which completely ruin their purpose which is being tough motherfuckers.

Say what you want, but climbing somewhere as a yama and sniping is not exactly a complex and hard technique to accomplish. People shouldn't be able to one-shot an AU from a dark unlit place in an unlikely crevice that nobody could figure out where the hell they got shot from. That's just encouraging camping, which is not what I want. It's a lot harder to pull one-shots with elemental weapons because their base damage isn't as high as the other mods, and their bright tracers actually make it fairly easy to spot compared to regular bullets, so even if you get shot once, you can fight back.

What I can do, though, is reduce the amount of damage the reflected bullets send back, so that instead of reflecting 75% of the damage taken, it only reflects 50% of something, so a 100 dam shot on a guy with BM would hurt you back for 50 instead of 75.
Ablationer
Ablationer
AKA Bob Frenchman

https://bobszrp.forumactif.com

Back to top Go down

Post  TheAngrySniper May 14th 2014, 12:44 am

I had no idea all those weapons weren't affected by BM, I thought it was just Plasma Rifle and explosives.

Dandy.
TheAngrySniper
TheAngrySniper

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum