Bob's TDM
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Bob's ZRP Guide: Beginner Functions, Advanced Functions, and everything in between.

3 posters

Go down

Bob's ZRP Guide: Beginner Functions, Advanced Functions, and everything  in between. Empty Bob's ZRP Guide: Beginner Functions, Advanced Functions, and everything in between.

Post  ThreeDawg November 11th 2013, 3:09 pm

I'm at school, bored as fuck, realized we don't have a solid guide around for basic and advanced things for the server, that for new players, might take some time to learn, or learn about. So, in the next few weeks, I'll be compiling data to make a guide, and it'll be slipped into this thread here as I work on it.

Guide will be split into multiple sections.

Section 1: Index

Section 2: Welcome Message, run about on the rules.

Section 3: ( Will include MULTIPLE subsections. ) Basic Functions, Basic run about on how classes work, what abilities there are, how to trigger them, how to insert items into your inv, ect ect fucking ect.

Section 4: Classes, their strengths, weaknesses, power, weight, ect.

Section 5: Advanced Functions

Section 6: Guns ( Will simply contain a small message about guns, and a link to the gun megathread. )

Section 7: Artifacts/Antiques/Gems + Link to Gems megathread.

Section 8: Any shit I possibly miss before inserting in correct section. Will also contain credits, and changelog.

Will start work when I get home. Be ready to see a section or two a week, and then multiple revisements once complete.

-Tigroon
3:55pm
Beginning work. Skipping the index until project is complete.

Section 2: Welcome to the Server!
Subsection 1: If you are reading this, you have done one of three things.
1. Chosen to bypass the welcoming commitee's walkthrough of server functions, or were unable to be greeted.
2. Need a refresher course.
3. Are joining the server as you read, and for some strange reason, took initiative to look at this. If so, well done!

This thread serves as a basic outline to basic functions, and then later goes into more detail for the advanced functions. Want to learn how to negate damage from a high fall if able? This is the place to do so. Want to learn advanced parkor on the server? This is the place to do so. Can't understand why the Big Cheese can't go as fast as a Yamakazi? This is the place to learn why.

As you can see above, this FAQ is split into multiple sections. I'll do my best to compile information under the correct section/subsection. If you know shit, and realize something is misplaced, or in the wrong section, or simply does not exist, make a note of it here, through the comment section.

Let's begin.

Subsection 2: Rules

As you may already know, the rules are hard to grasp. But, once you learn them, you'll know what to avoid doing.

1. RDM: This rule is possibly, for some reason, the hardest one to grasp. Let's make this clear right now, before we get into the nitty gritty.

RDM IS NOT JUST IF YOU KILL A PERSON. IF YOU SHOOT SOMEONE, THAT ALSO COUNTS AS RDM. IF YOU HURT SOMEONE, THAT COUNTS AS RDM. GET THAT THROUGH YOUR HEAD NOW,

Better? Better. Let's get into the nitty gritty of RDM now, and see what you are able to do, and not do.

If you are a cop, you can only attack Zombies, or Crims.

If you are a Crim, you can only attack Cops, or Zombies.

If you are a Neutural Class, you can only attack Zombies, unless you are a guard class, and any side breaks rules set by your shop keeper.

If you are a Zombie, you can attack Cops or Crims, and can attack Neutural units, but ONLY IF YOU ARE ATTACKED FIRST.

RDM is now out of the way. Moving along now.

Section 2: NLR

THERE IS NO NLR.

IF YOU ARE KILLED, YOU MAY KILL THE PERSON BACK ONCE.

THIS ONLY APPLYS TO ALL SIDES EXCEPT ZOMBIES. ZOMBIES CANNOT REVENGE KILL.

Moving on.

Subsection 3: Stealing

Cops can steal from Crims.

Crims can steal from Cops or Civs, but cannot attack Civs unless fired upon first.

Zombies can steal from Cops or Crims, but not Civs.

Subsection 4: Vehicle Pickup

When on a certain map, you are able to buy, and use a jeep.

While you can pick your jeep up with your Phys gun, there is one thing you must keep in mind.

If your Jeep is being stolen, you CANNOT PHYSGUN it.

If your jeep is stolen, and is occupied, you CANNOT PHYSGUN IT.

We clear?

Section 5. Grey Areas

While the rules cover a lot of ground, there is still the usual gray area between right and wrong.

Any attempt to manipulate that grey area is seen as a rule break.

This also falls under the later rule, DONT BE A DICK.

Last edited by ThreeDawg on November 11th 2013, 4:13 pm; edited 1 time in total
ThreeDawg
ThreeDawg

Back to top Go down

Bob's ZRP Guide: Beginner Functions, Advanced Functions, and everything  in between. Empty Re: Bob's ZRP Guide: Beginner Functions, Advanced Functions, and everything in between.

Post  Ablationer November 11th 2013, 3:47 pm

Critical had made a really good guide that was really damn long.

But then he stopped playing after I banned Zim (Renamon toast)

oh well
Ablationer
Ablationer
AKA Bob Frenchman

https://bobszrp.forumactif.com

Back to top Go down

Bob's ZRP Guide: Beginner Functions, Advanced Functions, and everything  in between. Empty Re: Bob's ZRP Guide: Beginner Functions, Advanced Functions, and everything in between.

Post  ThreeDawg November 11th 2013, 3:54 pm

Ablationer wrote:Critical had made a really good guide that was really damn long.

oh well
Updates required, I'm sure. Either way, I need to distract myself from current issues on hand. If anything, this is probably the way to do it, and make some sort of contribution to the server.
ThreeDawg
ThreeDawg

Back to top Go down

Post  The Real Johnny November 11th 2013, 3:56 pm

Ablationer wrote:Critical had made a really good guide that was really damn long.

oh well
Didnt he come back?
The Real Johnny
The Real Johnny

http://myanimelist.net/animelist/The_Wulf

Back to top Go down

Post  Ablationer November 11th 2013, 5:36 pm

no idea
Ablationer
Ablationer
AKA Bob Frenchman

https://bobszrp.forumactif.com

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down